Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday night doll making

I broke out the sewing machine today! The sewing machine and I have an "on-again-off-again" kind of relationship :)
I thought I'd make 3 dolls today. Here they are on my ironing board before I finished stuffing and sewing them:



Those little arms and legs of theirs put me through my paces! It is always a lesson in patience when I sew LOL!
Here they are chilling out (minus faces!) with Frida on my bookshelf:



I think I will wait until tomorrow to finish with painting their faces.
Have a great Friday night!
Talk to you tomorrow~
xoxo

10 comments:

nollyposh said...

ooooh can't wait! (Ps) ~Love~ your blue phone X:-)

Val's Dragonfly Whimsy said...

They are adorable - well done, I dont think I would have the patience with the little legs and arms (but then, I wont know til I try lol) - cheers Val

suze said...

The little legs and arms are easy to sew and also easy to turn if you use a straw and a stick. Put the straw into the unturned leg/arm then on the other side push a stick (smaller than the straw size) and just push it thru...piece of cake!
Have a great weekend.

andrea said...

Can't wait to see their faces:)

Anonymous said...

i ll wait for d dolls.
ur pricess phone is cool.

hav a nice weekend,
lov,
smriti.

debbie said...

So sweet and love your fabric choices ! I too can't wait to see their faces.

Lisa Gatz said...

Wonderful....can't wait to see what they turn into. They're kind of like half-formed little beings sitting there waiting for a telephone call!

Giovanna said...

Hi Tascha! Love your dolls!!
I wanted to let you know that I have bestowed upon you the Sisterhood Award for great attitude and gratitude. Check it out! It's on my blog:
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

There you'll find the steps too.
Have a great weekend!

Naija said...

So sweet and love your fabric choices ! I too can't wait to see their faces.

Anna said...

Looks like I'm not the only one excited about seeing the dollies when they're all finished! Now, I'm trying to remember if you've already made a cloth doll tutorial video... :)